Community Health WorkerS Project (2010-12)
Team: Siu, H W., Ksa,K. Khin H, Young, A. , Siu, L., Ksor, V.
Title: Building capacity for CBPR and health: The community health worker model, (2010-12)
Brief: The role of Montagnard community health workers targeting health care and nutritional disparities, the cost-benefit / cost-efficiency of the CHW model, how this model impact food insecurity and nutritional status.
- Over 200 documented individuals in the Montagnard community helped by the team.
- CHWs trained to assist Food Insecurity project
- Grants through Project Shine and AmeriCorps
- Young, A., Khin H, Ksor, K Montagnard Women’s Learning Group grant report (Oct 2012). A slideshow presentation to funders explaining the impact on community. Moses Cone Foundation. Greensboro, NC
- Community Health: No Longer a Rational Argument?