Community advisory council
COMMUNITY ADVISORY COUNCIL
WHAT WE DO
The Community Advisory Council (CAC) is a body of Montagnard community members who set standards for scholars, journalists, researchers and others on behalf of MDA and the Montagnard community. CAC explains the manner in which academic-based service learning, professional scholarly work and research projects will be conducted. CAC offers orientation and training for students involved in service learning, community or civic engagement, student researchers, academics and professional researchers. Based on scope and purpose, there may be a fee charged.
CAC Vision Statement
CAC exists to ensure that our community evolves and sustains long-lasting transformation towards a better and stronger community. We assert our heritage and culture so we can exist with all in equality.
We promote, protect and enhance the health and well-being of all Montagnards through community engagement and partnerships with professional organizations and higher education institutions.
Some of our activities involve
- educating and promoting awareness among professional organizations and higher education institutions about problems in our community
- collaborating to address disparities experienced by the Montagnard community
- ensuring adequate and equitable representation and protection of our community in all formal partnerships
- MOU sample
- General proposal guidelines
- Service learning guidelines
- Research guidelines
- Proposal evaluation guidelines
- Proposal review times
- Appropriate giveback
- Orientation and Training
Orientation and Training is a required set of modules for those who wish to work within the Montagnard community. The modules cover general introduction, community history and cultural background with an emphasis on cultural competency, social equity and anti-racism.
Community-Based Scholarship and Research from the Community Perspective
Project proposals and review